Saturday, February 5, 2011

Road trip the Jalopy into the ground.

DSCN0810
I arrived in Granada, a town of cobblestone streets and little pueblos painted every color of the rainbow. I rented a bike and cruised the town where I found rustic cathedrals and plenty of trinkets in the market, but not a single foreigner. I boned up on my Spanish from my days at the U by chatting up some locals.
DSCN0818
I checked into a hostel called the 'Bearded Monkey' where I met some British chaps that could outdrink your typical alcohlic. They were really into joke humping each other. Dont get me wrong, it has its place in the world of college humor, but I moved on to BS with some more civilized dudes from Georgia, who were driving their car all the way down to Panama, sleeping in it some nights, then selling it, and flying back to the States to plan another trip.

Next I wanted to talk to you, so I went into 'Cyber Space', which is what they call the internet here. Internet is fairly limited in the hostels, and there are usually chunks of rice and beans in the keyboard, so you have to be a warrior blogger to 'home row' through paragraphs. Speaking of rice and beans, it is the standard breakfast, and it is tremendous.

Evening came rolling in, where I met up with this Chicago chap named Steve Remo. Remo was practically mute, but once he got some rum in him, he turned into a respectable pseudo version of Eminem. I brought out the guitar and he layed down some really impressive rhymes over some funk riffs. We went out for a few at the local watering hole and called it an early night. During which I had nightmares...here's why....

No comments:

Post a Comment