Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chiang Mai, peace!

DSCN0477
I missed the bus to Pai this AM. Sold Out. Damn shame. About to catch the 1pm bus. Significantly pumped. Soooo....

DSCN0208

I had 3.5 hrs to kill and I could not ask for a better place to burn the time than the CHIANG. Got a 1 hr massage from a chisled thai man who gave me knucks afterwards. Then grabbed a few tshirts, an ice cream, a thai omelette for all around $12. This is the easiest place to travel alone. Its pretty western, many a folk speak English, and no one is out to jip you.

DSCN0203

Yesterday I found a gym in a 5 star hotel and bro'd out in the iron factory. Swell!!! Went to the sunday night market for some quality trinkets. The tshirts here are hilarious and mind blowing. SUNDAY MARKET PURCHASES...
- One (1) T-shirt with a panda farting in another panda's face
- One (1) T shirt with a dyslexic monkeys resume. Hobbies include "graphic design and poop poking"
- Two (2) more shirts with Thai jibberish along the same vein
- One (1) pair of Ninja pants

Chaing Mai is tied for my favorite place on earth with Madison, WI. The people are so damn smiley and happy and not a single thai guy is pissed off, except this one dude who operated the local guitar shop. I was jamming some Barenaked Ladies on one of his guitars. Apparently he hates "Stunt", the greatest album of the 90's.

Gonna miss the bus again, so I best go. Talk to you all soon!

Newski

DSCN0176

No comments:

Post a Comment